Saturday, September 6, 2008

winds of change

Pardon the cliched title...couldn't think of anything else right now.

In any case, if you have read B's post, you must have realized that lots have happened between my last post and this one...including my 25th B'day! So for a period of 10 days (counting the time difference phenomenon and all) Bruce and I are of the same age...there...I can almost see him making a face at that!

But yes, lots of things have change, for better or for worse, that remains to be seen. I have moved out of my job to study again, and its been a weird phase so far.

I am in the US, have become a regular at the LGBT centre in the campus and its very very refreshing to see normal people around. Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't have any particular liking for white meat...so the location doesn't offer any more oppurtunity than Chennai did, add to that the fact that for the time being I am living with a bunch of Bongs...that's Indian from West Bengal...and it almost feels at times that I am somehow stuck in some kind of a space-time wrap!

I MISS B! :(

But yes, it's a new beginning, and it's almost amazing how both our lives, that's B and I, have changed, hopefully for the better, in the last 2 months or so. What B has very coyly and conveniently forgotten to mention is that he has a fantastic job now....with great hours so he can actually have a friday date...which he tried to throw on me today over the mail :P

Well...no complaints there...I have a regular supply of candies from the Rainbow centre in here!

So right now, I am in the library opf the Rainbow centre, surrounded by gays and lesbians, and books and magazines all talking about gay issues and stuff. The DVD rack has almost all the movies B has been trying to download from the inetrnet since the past year or so...including the complete QAF (both UK and US...there)!

It's been awesome so far. The Curry Closet is going places....and its great!

I would not want to get into this cliche...but while I write this, my eyes are almost moist because I have been the lucky one amongst so many people...with great friends and awesome roommates.

Thanks B, for everything you are, and everything you are not!



PS: I still am 5 yrs younger....YIPPIE!!!

1 comment:

Jim Donahue said...

Have fun in the States!