Thursday, July 24, 2008

Acts of trust!

So the Manmohan Singh government did finally win the trust vote, and how!

I had always thought of Manmohan Singh as an impotent puppet being played, and played well, by the powers that shall not be named! However, the trust vote was indeed, perhaps as low the political situation has gone in a long time. The whole parliamentary debate is a total farce, and yes, its sad to the extent of being hilarious, I still cannot imagine the strange apathy we, as the public have towards the whole on goings that we refuse to open our eyes when the right time comes.

Selective amnesia has never helped anyone, in the long, or short run for that matter. How can we be so stupid that we don't even care any more? I don't really have an opinion on the whole nuclear deal. But I do have a problem about how the entire dealing was done is such a hush-hush manner that'd shame the bollywood suspense directors...not that that is a huge thing!

The question is, where are we heading thus? Its kind of corny, but I suddenly can't get these lyrics out of my mind!

Ehsas thoda to jagaye, apni dilon main hum,
Jaana tha humko kahan, aur chale hain kahanpe hum!

I am not sure if I should have posted this post here, or in my regular blog, but WTH, I am still living here, closet or otherwise!

No comments: