Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bloody Homophobia!


Here it is - tell me that you have seen this, does this blatent homophobia make your blood curl!


It does for me, I know how short of blood our blood banks are and Have many a times had to give blood in emergencies, all this while staring at the writing on the wall - in Bold..

You should never give blood if:You're a man who's had sex with another man, even safe sex using a condom

Personally, I did what I did because I knew that I was safe and they needed blood. But this discrimination has to stop!
Here are the other people who can give blood, but not Me!
A straight man who has sex with a different girl every weekend can give blood TODAY.
Intravenous Drug users can give blood after 1 year.
Prostitute users can give blood after 1 year.
Those who have had sex abroad in a high risk HIV country can give blood after 18 months
Here's a movement in the UK, thats working for getting gays the right to donate blood.


No comments: