Monday, July 5, 2010

Tomato Salad with Aioli and Herbs

Easy does it! Just like this Salad I did a few days ago for lunch..Ripe tomatoes quartered, in an aioli, some dried basil and oregano, a dash of tang from a lime, frozen cold meats crushed, cools the salad, as you plate and serve.

Oh, the salt has to be Kal Uppu, or Coarse Sea Salt, none of the flakiness and chemicals from free flowing Iodised salt ..I can't afford Fleur De Sel , so have been using this traditional salt as a finishing salt or just salt, and you can feel the difference.

The Aioli, Salt, Garlic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil , and a whole lot of work on the pestle and mortal as you slowly trickle down the oil. I do not like to add anything else, most folks will add eggs, but does reminds of Mayo, and I am not a big fan.

The Dash of green you see, is some left over pesto, I had done a few days ago, just completes the composition, Don't you think so ?

Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: