Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Caprese Sandwiches


My version of the Caprese Mini Sandwihes , that Elise did on my favorite food blog , Simply Recepies. I love the Idea, and since In India we make "Roti's"/Flat Bread at home evry day, his is a easy no brainer.

I used, frozen dough that I had made a few weeks ago for making Pot sticklers and what ever was available. Getting the mise en place ready is the trick as every thing is assembled over the flat girdle/Tava used for making the breads.

Frozen Dough , Thawed, Rolled into Flat Breads - 100 Gms
Grated Mozerella Cheese, I used Kodai Cheese - 2 tbs
Basil, Oregano, Crushed Chilly Flakes, Coarse Sea Salt- By Taste
Zero Oil !!

Elise suggests that we marinate the Salad, and I have done that version too, and its delish, but usually i just assemble this in under 15 mins. I just went ahead on an instinct, and just to complete the mean, I added a dollop of hung curd, which is almost the consistancy of ricotta with drizzled honey.

I have been trying to eat light and well, and in the last six months, lost 10 kgs ( Checked today morning, it still stable at 10!!), and I just don't understand why people eat cardboard tasting meal supplements, when all they need to do is learn how to create a simple easy and quick meal.

Tried doing multiple images on this post , including a Collage with the step by step

Posted by Picasa


No comments: