Sunday, December 7, 2008

Move & Pick


Yesterday I went to my first Move n Pick meet in Chennai. I had no plans for the day save maybe catch up with a chat buddy for dinner, but that fizzled out due to his work commitments..so I decided to go and say hello to the boys.

Paul and V, two of the guys I have been chatting with on g4m, were the ones who told me that there was a meet happening. So I made it to the beach and it was dark already when I reached. The guys where sitting in a circle on the sand and generally talking, slowly a few other guys came in...we all said our hellos, well I must admit I should have introduced my self to every one, I just let be. I was seeing a few for the first time , but then I also knew a few faces..which made it easy.....not much happened, save the discussion on doing a parents meet for a few folks who had shown some interest..and the meeting broke up and we headed out to Dinner.

So A, I did it and no I was miss manners personified, I even managed to mind my P's&Q's in front of the young ones..albeit with a little help from a friend. I definitely hope to see more of the group, but I sure hope they come up with more intresting stuff...I did hear about a screening...Stone Wall any one!!

4 comments:

The Sizzler! said...

what the ****?!

besides the vague probability that this was a meeting of 'like-minded' men, you've left us feeling lost, and left-out!

what do you guys do? what's the purpose, if any? meet the folks of who? to achieve what???

too many questions, i know! and if you don't answer, hey, i can take a hint!

A said...

I resent the fact that we did not do it together while we could have...it would have so much more fun!

but kudos!!!

you survived!

B said...

Sizzler - Watch out boy there is no "you guys" there! We cannot negate the fact that there are folks who need help especially guys who are just coming out or discovering themselves! So I am all for any group that will lend an ear, especially of your folks want to meet other folks who have queer children..

A said...

i think i will make a post about it!