Saturday, November 15, 2008

November Rains

It's drizzling in Chennai! I have been walking in the rains for the last 2 hours on the beach..It's pure bliss. I don't remember when I got drenched in the rains last..years, I used to get wet in College ages ago.


I had plans to meet a friend for a drink but it got canceled, so I had the evening to myself. Perfect!


I t had been some time since I had last spent time at the beach. So It had to be Elliot's. When I left home in the evening it was breezy and the cloudy..I decided perfect time to do the beach. And as if on cue, it started drizzling as soon as I crossed Murgan Idly Shop near Elliot's beach. It was perfect.


This is how i remember November evenings back home, damp, slightly nippy the lights gleaming in the evening fog. Somehow the whole of last week I have been missing the winters. My favorite thing to do in winter when I am home is to walk in the evenings along tree lined streets around the Governors House, the fog just settling in and the street lights on ...It's deserted and you are sometimes the only one walking.

This is where I smoked my first cigarette, my escape when my folks used to nag me to get serious with my school work. I have come a long way, and ages since I have seen winters back home..but I can still remember it, every little nip of the cold.


2 comments:

The Sizzler! said...

am a major fan of the rains myself too... you're right about the joys of getting wet under heavy skies. its bliss.

however, of late, i've been acting the adult and studiously avoiding the rain. thanks for the note... i realize its foolish!

am gonna get myself wet in the next rain. promise.

Anonymous said...

reminds me of that song....you know which one!!!

A