Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Curry in the Closet


Now that's one aspect of the blog that, I am guilty of neglecting. When we created the blog our intention was also to cook and share. So it's time we set this right and also start blogging about our food.

A and I share a different, yet similar culinary heritage. We are fortunate enough to have grown up, in a part of the country where the food and produce is distinctly different. So it was no surprise, that A and I bonded instantly, over fermented fish et al. when we were both looking for flatmates.

I think food is all about creating memories, new, old, good times with family and friends, a bad dinner..it all stays with you. So when you cook you try in some ways to recreate and relive these moments, well at least the good ones.

As with many a people, away from their homes and lands, food was all about reliving memories of home, and along the way I am sure we created a few that will remind us of our home, The Curry Closet.

PS: The mast head was taken in the flat next door, I had borrowed the empty flat kitchen for a big dinner thrown for some friends. I was getting my mis en place ready and had mounds of chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic and herbs..and A was all over the colorful spread. We got one lovely picture, with a Green chilly on a pile of chopped tomatoes...and that my friends is what you see on the mast, of The Curry Closet.



3 comments:

The Sizzler! said...

are you serious? i wouldn't have believed the pic was taken by yourselves... tell me it isn't the Casio Exilim, please!

B said...

small things do work sometimes..

A said...

big grin

:D